Cultural competency is essential for teachers to be successful in the classroom. They need to understand their own cultural identity as well as be open to learning about the varying cultures of their students.
- Describe the cultural identifier and why you chose it. Explain your connection to your choice of cultural identifiers.
- Summarize the key historical events that have significantly affected your specific cultural identifier.
- Summarize the topic in context of K-12 education, including the related cultural identifier and any associated controversies.
- Identify current opinions for the controversial argument, one supporting and one opposing.
- Describe how this controversial issue could affect your future teaching practices and how it could affect your future students.
- Summarize related policies or methods that have been implemented in schools as a solution to the controversial issue.
( please cite at least 4 with 1250 words)