● How does prescriptive analytics relate to descriptive analytics?
● Excel is probably the most popular spreadsheet software for PCs. Why?
● What can we do with this package that makes it so attractive for modeling efforts?
● Define data mining as an enabling technology for business analytics and understand the objectives and benefits of data mining.
● Become familiar with the wide range of applications of data mining
● Learn the standardized data mining processes
● Learn different methods and algorithms of data mining
● Build awareness of the existing data mining software tools
● Understand the privacy issues, pitfalls, and myths of data mining
● Describe text analytics and understand the need for text mining
● Differentiate among text analytics, text mining, and data mining and the application areas for text mining
● Know the process of carrying out a text mining project
● Describe sentiment analysis
● Develop familiarity with popular applications of sentiment analysis
● Learn the common methods for sentiment analysis
● Become familiar with speech analytics as it relates to sentiment analysis
● Understand the applications of prescriptive analytics techniques
● Understand the basic concepts of analytical decision modeling and understand the concepts of analytical models for selected decision problems
● Describe how spreadsheets can be used for analytical modeling and solutions
● Explain the basic concepts of optimization and when to use them
● Explain what is meant by sensitivity analysis, what-if analysis, and goal seeking
● Understand the concepts and applications of different types of simulation and understand potential applications of discrete event simulation