This assignment is designed to test your knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain design, planning and implementation in the global context. There are two tasks given below, and each task relates to various aspects of International Supply chain design, planning and implementation. Task 1 is a report based on the given scenario, learners should write a minimum of 3500 words, however some questions may require detailed explanations hence taking the learners beyond the minimum word limit. Task 2 is a presentation; the guidelines are provided.
Assignment Task 1:
Read the following Scenario, and prepare a report with the guidelines provided.
Scenario: Gartner, Inc. has released the results of its annual supply chain top 25, identifying supply chain leaders and highlighting their best practices. After seven consecutive years of scoring in the top five of the Supply Chain Top 25, Unilever joined Apple, P&G, Amazon and McDonald’s in the “Masters” category, which Gartner introduced in 2015 to recognize sustained leadership over the last 10 years. The 2019 annual supply chain top 25 leaders are available at: -https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/2019-05-16-gartner-announces-rankings-of-the-2019-supply-chain-t
Learners must select any organisation from the above list of global supply chain top 25 leaders and develop a report, proposing strategies to reconfigure the supply network design. By answering the questions below in the form of a report, learners should clearly be able to analyze the paradigm shift from anticipation to response-based models. Learners should also be able to adopt the Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment techniques to enhance supply chain decisions in the chosen organization.
The report should include the following:
- Executive Summary
- Introduction of the Chosen Organization and background to the need for supply network design change.
- Explain any two supply network configurations which can be explored and evaluate the relevance of these models to the chosen organization
- Evaluate the factors that must be considered as the organization adopts a Response based business model.
- Assuming you are the new Supply Chain director of the organization, what procurement strategies should be implemented? Strategies recommended must contribute to transition from a push based to a pull-based system if required.
- How can the adoption of a Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment [CPFR] concept contribute to both reactive and proactive response models mentioned above in the context of the organization’s circumstances?
- Examine and discuss the cross- functional supply chain drivers of the chosen organisations business model
- Conclusions and recommendations
- Harvard referencing and citations
Assignment Task 2
For the chosen organisation in task 1, learners are asked to make a short presentation to apply the supply chain operations and reference model (SCOR model). You should satisfy these objectives while making the presentation: –
- Using the SCOR model, you should develop and present a strategy that would aid in improving the chosen organization’s position.
- Using the scope of the SCOR model diagram, label the supplier customer relationship spectrum highlighted, in the context of the chosen organization’s supply chain network and develop a SCOR roadmap for the organization