After reading about effective communication techniques in the resources this module, whether they be verbal or non-verbal, discuss the age-related barriers to communication with the older person. Give 3 examples of barriers you may face with an older person and discuss at least 2-3 ways you would use therapeutic communication techniques to overcome these barriers.
Please make an initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student’s posts with substantial details that demonstrate an understanding of the concepts, and critical thinking. Remember that your posts must exhibit appropriate writing mechanics including using proper language, cordiality, and proper grammar and punctuation. If you refer to any outside sources or reference materials be sure to provide proper attribution and/or citation.
Take time to investigate Alzheimer’s Disease (AD).
- Find Scholarly/Credible sites on the web and/or find Rasmussen library articles r/t AD treatment.
- Discuss two (2) prescription medications and two (2) complimentary or alternative treatments for AD.
- Include your opinions as to why you chose these medications/treatments.
- If you had a loved one with the disease, would you opt for the complimentary regimen or the pharmaceutical regimen…or would you use a combination of both methods?
- Give rationales for your opinions and choices.
Additionally, cite your references in APA format at the end of your discussion paper.