- This week, you have studied traits, behaviors, actions, interpersonal skills, communication tactics, relationships, and values of leaders. As you become a leader in the IT world, it is important to recognize those leadership qualities that you want to emulate in your career. Vision boards are often used to assist in focusing on career and life goals. In this assignment, you will create a leadership vision board in which you summarize three leaders who serve as examples of the leader you want to be.
Select three leaders in the IT world who have had a positive effect on their company. These leaders do not need to be from big companies but should be attached to IT projects.
Create a leadership vision board using any program or website that allows you to create posters or create a hard copy vision board and take pictures of it, including close-up photos to show details. Address the following for each leader in your vision board:
- List their name, company, and role at company.
- Define their top three leadership traits or behaviors.
- Explain how these traits or behaviors affected the company or project.
- Define a prominent communication tactic used by this person.
- Describe how the leader cultivated relationships in their organization or in their industry.
- Explain how the leader utilized those relationships.
- Describe how this person’s leadership led to innovation or change management.
- Include one piece of advice you’d like to remember from this person’s experience.
- Include images as appropriate.
- Cite all sources in APA format.