- Download the concept map provided in the above attachment and fill out each section (this is a typed assignment)
- Utilize the patient information below for this assignment.
- Include Diagnostic data, orders you would expect the MD to order, and list specific medications that you would expect to be ordered for this patient.
- Include diagnostic data and medical orders that you expect to be ordered on the patient.
- Include at least 1 reference and citation for this assignment
- Upload your document to the drop box
T.J., a 30-year-old African American client, is in his last year of law school and is clerking for a prestigious law firm. He and his fiancé plan to marry as soon as he graduates. During the last week he has had four dizzy spells and a headache at the base of his skull upon awakening for the last 2 days. His father has a history of hypertension, so T.J. is aware that his symptoms may indicate high blood pressure. On his way home from work, T.J. stops by the clinic and asks the nurse to check his blood pressure. The nursing assessment yields the following data.
Subjective data: States he has had four dizzy spells and has awakened with a headache in the occipital lobe the last two mornings. T.J. has 1 glass of wine at lunch and 2-3 beers in the evening to relax from the tension of school and work. Most of his meals are at fast-food establishments and have a high fat content. T.J. does not smoke. He used to jog 4 mornings a week but quit when he started clerking. He has had nocturia for the last 3 weeks. He is not taking any medication. T.J. states he is concerned about having hypertension because he does not want to take medication.
Objective data: T 98.6°F(37°C), AP 78 beats/min, R 16 breaths/min, BP 142/92 mm Hg, Wt 190 lbs (optimum weight 160). No edema noted in hands, feet, or legs.