At first blush, microaggressions might be seen as instances of one individual saying something to another that is offensive, to a greater or lessor extent. So in that sense, what separates microagressions from the typical social faux pas in which someone says something we’d consider to be in bad taste? In your response explore what might make microagressions seem something more than just individual infractions.
- The response must be between 950-1150 words.
- You must cite a minimum of 3 scholarly sources– news media articles do not count as scholarly sources, only peer reviewed journals, books, etc.
- You must cite all sources clearly and consistently, regardless of the citation style you choose be sure to keep it consistent.
- You must include a works cited (not part of the word count) at the end.
- You response should include considerable reflection on the pertinent course terms and concepts, failing to reference these consistently throughout will result in a deduction.