Across the States Bank (ASB) takes pride in providing our customers with superior service and the ability to manage their finances 24/7 from anywhere in the world. As one of America’s largest banks, our 132,500 employees are available to address personal and business banking customer needs any time of the day or night by phone, e-mail, or through our online chat feature. Our seamless online and mobile banking and 24-hour customer support ensure that your money management needs can always be met.
Based in Metropolis, California, ASB offers over 17,000 branch offices and ATMs to service customers across the continental United States. When traveling abroad, ASB customers can easily access accounts and complete routine banking transactions in most European nations through our foreign partner, Across the EU Bank. Always looking for means of expanding our $10 billion business, we are developing additional foreign partnerships that will soon allow us to expand our services to South America and Asia to better meet our customer needs.
Products and Services
As one of the nation’s leading personal banking service providers, ASB allows individuals to select from a wide range of banking services, including:
- Savings and checking accounts
- Debit and credit cards
- Personal and automobile loans
- Home loans, including first mortgages, home equity, and lines of credit
- Investment banking services
- Wealth management and estate services
Business and Commercial Banking
To meet the diverse needs of business and commercial customers, ASB offers individually selected and bundled services, including:
- Business savings and checking accounts
- Business loans
- Merchant services
- Payroll services
- Investment banking
- Trust services
- Shareowner services
Organizations will task security administrators, human resources, the legal department, and other departments to develop appropriate security policies to enhance the control, monitoring, and protection of intellectual property. Some of this protection comes from liability from a legal perspective, privilege access from a human resource protection perspective, or simply data management from a security perspective.
This assignment will guide you through the development of a comprehensive security policy that sets guidelines for the protection of information systems from malicious activity. Review Chapter 4 of the course text, and research various templates online to identify how organizations generate clear and concise policies that are used to create the standards, guidelines, and procedures throughout the enterprise infrastructure. Using the same fictitious organization selected in Topic 1, develop a three to four-page Information Systems Security Policy that includes the following:
- A cover page with company logo (I will add the logo myself)
- A table of contents (TOC)
- A revision page (policies are updated on a routine basis and require tracking for compliance)
- A purpose, scope, or objective statement (that aligns with the corporate profile)
- Identification of eight security topics such as (but not limited to): Acceptable Use Policy for End-Users, Remote Access Policy, Email Policy, Unauthorized Access, Limitations of Liability, Prohibited Uses, Logging Standards, Physical Access Control Policy, Operating System Updates, Anti-Virus Protection, Application Security, and/or Data Classification Standards.
- For each of the selected 8 security topics, write the security policy section of a general security policy that aligns with your corporate profile.
Each topic should be a minimum of 125 words in length.