Describe how you plan to advocate for your patients. Include relevant policies and stakeholders. Given the opportunity, what organization would you develop to advocate for the public and why? Some examples are American Cancer Society or the American Lung Association.
Assignment Description: This assignment will be at least 1500 words or more
This week you will reflect upon the Affordable Care Act and Patient Advocacy to answer the following questions:
- How can you contribute to safe practice?
- Briefly define your role and tell how you will advocate for the healthcare consumer
- Reflect on your future role changing as a result of policy changes
- How do you see the role of your chosen profession changing in the near future?
Assignment Expectations: How will students be successful?
- 1500-2000 words (6-8 pages); answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner
- Include a title page and reference page in APA style
- Two scholarly references are required; you should include the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions
1. Compare and contrast the definitions of health from a public health nursing perspective and list and explain the, three levels of prevention and give an example of each one.
2. Mention and discuss community/public health nursing interventions as explained by the intervention Wheel.
3. Describe and explain the process of conducting a community health assessment and identify and discuss the uses for epidemiological data at each step of the nursing process.
4. Compare the application of the public health principles to the nation’s major health problems at the turn of the twentieth century (i.e. acute disease) with the beginning of the twenty-first century (i.e. chronic disease) and mention and discuss the major contemporary issues facing community/public health nursing, and trace the historical roots to the present.