This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 4: Evaluate the delivery of care for individuals, families, aggregates, and communities based on theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO 1)
- CO 7: Apply professional nursing standards and ethical principles to provide spiritually and culturally appropriate care. (PO 6)
- CO 8: Demonstrate effective communication strategies and teamwork in managing the healthcare of individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO 3)
Locate a news article or story related to a current event in healthcare policy. Some examples may be, but are not limited to healthcare reform, the Affordable Care Act, prescription drugs, healthcare costs, insurance coverage, healthcare fraud, transparency, or underinsured populations.
- Provide a brief overview of the article, and include the URL link.
- As a healthcare professional, has this raised any ethical questions or concerns for you?
- How can a community health nurse (CHN) be involved as a change agent for related healthcare policies?
Identify a research topic that you intend to investigate and write about as an evidence-based practice report.
Create a list of at least 10 references (at least 7 must be primary research from peer-reviewed journals) on your topic of interest.
Create an annotated bibliography for your references. Each reference must include approximately 100-150 words describing why it is useful (or not) for your project and which parts of your report you might be able to incorporate the resource information into.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.