Assignment 4 : Read, Research and Respond
- Describe how low plasma protein can become problematic.
- Research the BEERS/STOPP protocol and describe it. (This isn’t in the article, you will need to research and list your references).
- List some of the other side effects of drugs and the specific drugs that entice them
- Imagine you are explaining polypharmacy to a patient. Using figure 1 as a guide, explain the progression of this problem.
Review the Institute of Medicine’s 2010 report “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.” Write a 750-1,000 word paper discussing the influence of the IOM report on nursing practice. Include the following:
- Summarize the four messages outlined in the IOM report and explain why these are significant to nursing practice.
- Discuss the direct influence the IOM report has on nursing education and nursing leadership. Describe the benefits and opportunities for BSN-prepared nurses.
- Explain why it is important that a nurse’s role and education evolve to meet the needs of an aging and increasingly diverse population.
- Discuss the significance of professional development, or lifelong learning, and its relevance in caring for diverse populations across the life span and within the health-illness continuum.
- Discuss how nurses can assist in effectively managing patient care within an evolving health care system.