Respond to one (1) of the following discussion prompts:
- Research or locate information or data on local, regional, and state violence statistics. Provide suggestions for data sources, such as Internet, health department publications, local law enforcement data, and web sites that document a specified population or community’s features.
- Collect newspaper reports of societal violence and determine the extent of the focus on different types of violence in the news media. Summarize your findings.
- Interview various health professionals who may come into contact with victims either of domestic violence, child abuse, and/or elder abuse and inquire about screening protocols, referral processes, and availability of safe environment for victims and treatment facilities for violent persons. Report the results of the interview.
Using information from evidence based findings found in current professional resources; respond to the following.
- Describe one potential reason for the lack of skin-to-skin contact being implemented within institutions?
- Describe two (2) benefits to the newborn for skin-to-skin contact. Describe the physiologic effects associated with each benefit.
- Describe how the registered nurse can promote skin-to-skin contact within healthcare institutions.
- 350 words do not include references, citation in the text in the 350.
- APA format
- References not more than 5 years