1. Using the graph that you created in Graph 1 as a reference, where should the pipet float if the solution was a 13.0% sugar solution? How do you know this?
2. Using the graph that you created in Graph 1 as a reference, determine the carbohydrate content of the three beverages that you measured with your hydrometer.
3. Describe how your results compare to those listed on the food labels for the three beverages (recorded in Data Table 2). Calculate the percent error for each and show your work.
4. What is a monosaccharide and what is its chemical composition?
5. Why do food industries need to determine carbohydrate content? How many Calories are in 1 gram of carbohydrates?
6. How are carbohydrates separated from fats and proteins in foods that contain all three macronutrients?
7. Describe two methods for calculating carbohydrate content that were not used in this laboratory.
8. Define the relative density of a substance. Describe how you used the relative density to determine the carbohydrate content of the three unknown substances.
Search the GCU Library and find three different health care articles that use quantitative research. Do not use articles that appear in the Topic Materials or textbook. Complete an article analysis for each using the “Article Analysis 1” template.
Refer to the “Patient Preference and Satisfaction in Hospital-at-Home and Usual Hospital Care for COPD Exacerbations: Results of a Randomised Controlled Trial,” in conjunction with the “Article Analysis Example 1,” for an example of an article analysis.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.