Your total response should be a minimum of 175 words.
The global business environment is constantly evolving based on the forces in the general and task environment. In order to sustain the company and maintain a competitive foothold, organization leaders must consistently analyze the global environment and adjust their strategy as needed. Managers play an important role in implementing strategies to achieve a company’s mission and goals.
Research a company with stockholder reports available. These reports can usually be found on a company’s website. Use the report to answer the following questions:
- What is (are) the main industry(ies) in which the company competes?
- What business-level strategy does the company seem to be pursuing in this industry? Why?
- What corporate-level strategies is the company pursuing? Why?
- Have there been any major changes in its strategy recently? Why?
Share how your understanding of the above questions can apply to a SWOT analysis. (For example, if you recognize that a major change in strategy revolves around expanding into foreign markets, that relates to the opportunities component of a SWOT analysis.)
One of management’s responsibilities is to ensure their team’s work aligns to the company’s business strategies.
Respond to the following prompt in a minimum of 175 words:
- What leadership theories have you seen used in your own workplace?
- Which were most effective? Which were the least effective? Why?
- How did the execution of these theories align with your company’s business strategies?
Think of a company or organization you’re familiar with, perhaps one you’ve worked for or even a place of worship or school.
Answer the following questions in a minimum of 175 words.:
- What kind of organizational structure does the organization use?
- What other structures discussed in the chapter might allow the organization to operate more effectively? For example, would the move to a product team structure lead to greater efficiency or effectiveness? Why or why not?