Electronic Record-Keeping in Healthcare
For this week’s assignment you will be taking an inventory of the information systems in your organization. To complete the assignment, you might need to contact other departments. Based on what you have learned so far in this course, create a 15-20 slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least three (3) citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Make sure to include pictures, graphs, or media throughout the PPT as this is part of the rubric and worth 30 points. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
- Differentiate between electronic health record (EHR), electronic medical record (EMR), and personal health record (PHR)
- Differentiate between clinical information systems (CIS) and administrative information systems (AIS)
- What systems are currently being utilized at your organization?
- If you had to rate the information-technology status of your organization, what score would you give them?
- Identify two strength and two weaknesses of the current information-technology being used.
Length: 15-20 slides in length, not including title, objective, or reference slides. Speaker notes are required (this is a significant portion of your grade also) to explain the information presented in the slides. I expect all slides to have speaker notes and more than 1 line.
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Title/Objective/Reference slides do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources to support your claims.