Choose a topic from the list below, or consult with your professor to choose your own topic related to what you have studied in class:
- Environmental Systems and Feedback Loops
- Human Population Growth and its Effect on the Environment
- Environmental Health
- Air Pollution
- Water Resources
- Water Pollution
- Energy and Resources
Focus on an environmental problem related to your topic. Every chapter we have read in your book has started with a case study. You may choose one of them as a spring board for your topic and issue.
Write a 3-5 page paper (not including the cover and reference pages) in APA format that:
- Describes the problem in detail. Set the specific problem you choose in the context of your over-all topic, and in the context of the biblical principles for environmental stewardship discussed in this course.
- Describes the important factors that contribute to the problem you chose to discuss.
- Describes the people and/or environments that are affected by the problem.
- Evaluates the current strategies and solutions that communities, states, and the Federal Government have in place to address this issue.
- Discusses a reasonable long-term strategy to reach a more sustainable solution to this issue. Include:
- Cost and benefit issues from your strategy
- Required community, federal government, and global support needed for your strategy to be successful.
- Biblical principles of environmental stewardship
- Cites and references at least four academic (peer-reviewed) sources to support your paper.
You may find the following resources helpful when planning and writing your paper: