Go to CDC “Solve The Outbreak” site. http://www.cdc.gov/mobile/applications/sto/web-app.html (Links to an external site.)
Take the four (4) CDC Solve the Outbreaks Modules as assigned to your group, which are exemplars of contemporary health issues.
What are the epidemiological and public health themes that emerge in all of these outbreaks?
Cite outbreaks in addition to required references.
Answer the following questions based on two (2) of the specific outbreaks. Be specific with concrete examples and content.
- What are those factors that may facilitate the evolution of local epidemics emerging into global pandemics?
- How would you deal with it if discovered in your local area?
- What strategies would you employ at all 3 levels of prevention?
- Identify one (1) strategy you would use to teach the community to prevent these
- How would you measure the success of your interventions?
- How does the information gained being a “disease detective” assist you in your current practice?
Discussion #1: Outbreaks:
- Village of Gold
- Hiding in Plain Sight
- Deadlier Than War
- Midterm Revenge