HA415M1-1: Demonstrate an understanding of the relevance of economic concepts within the healthcare sector.
Cost and affordability are important factors in the successful delivery of healthcare to the people of this country. Economics can offer a framework to study the implications of individual decision making and help define the alternative mechanisms available to improve resource allocation. Sound policymaking is based on sound economic principles applied in a sensitive and uniform manner. Lessons can be learned from basic economics lessons about human behavior and the way individuals make decisions, respond to incentives, interact with each other, and about the efficient allocation of scarce resources.
Describe trends in the costs of care for treating at least three diseases or conditions. Examine the burden of health care costs on businesses and governments and the extent to which Americans can afford needed care. Analyze trends in the efficiency of care delivery and the competitiveness of the delivery system and the key factors in keeping costs down.
Writer describes trends in the costs of care for treating at least three diseases or conditions.
Writer examine the burden of health care costs on businesses and governments and the extent to which Americans can afford needed care.
Writer analyzes trends in the efficiency of care delivery and the competitiveness of the delivery system and the key factors in keeping costs down.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 350 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.