he case study retail store has provided a list of reports and data manipulation tasks that are needed in the processing of orders for their customers. Answer the following:
- What structured query language (SQL) statement scripts are needed to create the database schema for the relational database system and manipulate the data in the solution that you are proposing to the company?
- How does each of these scripts specifically support the goals and objectives of the company?
Examples are provided here to help with this assignment.
As indicated in Unit 1, it is assumed that Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition (with management tools) was chosen as the database platform. It can be downloaded for free at this Web site.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Data Manipulation Tasks
- Insert 20 records into each table for testing purposes.
- Delete an entire order by using the unique identifier for that order.
- Update the price of a product by using the unique identifier for that product.
- Add a minimum of 3 of your own data manipulation language (DML) scripts based on the needs and specifications of your retail store.
- Report List
- Total revenue (sales) per month, grouped by customer
- Total revenue (sales) per month, grouped by product
- Total count of products, grouped by category
- Add minimum of 3 of your own report scripts based on the needs and specifications of your retail store (one must be a CROSSTAB)
- SQL (4–5 pages)
- Include the database definition language (DDL) scripts to CREATE to database schema as described in the entity–relationship (E–R) diagram (Unit 2).
- Include the database manipulation scripts (DML) that will be used to INSERT, DELETE, and UPDATE data in the proposed database system.
- Include the SELECT, CROSSTAB, and AGGREGATE FUNCTION statements that will be used to read data from the proposed database system.
- Provide your analysis as to how this part of the project fulfills the mission and 1 or more goals of the case study organization.
- Provide the following attachments (in addition to embedding in document):
- DDL.sql (including CREATE and INSERT statements so that they execute in the correct order [top-down])
- DML.sql (including DELETE and UPDATE statements so that they can be executed in any order as selected)
- REPORT.sql (including SELECT, CROSSTAB, AGGREGATE FUNCTION statements so that they can be executed in any order as selected)
- Note: You will embed each script in the Word document and also provide it as an attachment.
- All sources should be cited both in-text and in References using APA format.