I have one assignment for history which is uploaded to files and I need to make this instructions for another discussion assignment of accounting.
Find a local professional organization affiliated with your intended major and become a member of that organization or join their mailing list.
- Write a 3 paragraph discussion post with the following information:
- Your pathway and career goals. My career is Business
- Why you chose to become a part of this organization and how do you think being a member will enhance your career goals.
- Post a picture of your email confirmation saying you’ve joined.
- Many organizations have free student memberships.
Examples of businesses in pathways could be:
- AHCD: Dance, Theater, Film production, Social media, Graphics design or architecture business
- Business: Accounting office, caterer, an advertising firm, dry cleaner, restaurant, any business is acceptable
- Education: K-12 tutoring, Child care, Charter schools
- Health Sciences: Dr. or Dentist office, PT office, Hospital, Insurance co,
- IMCT: Engineering Co., Aviation maintenance, Aviation distribution, Supply Chain Management, Auto manufacturing
- Public Safety: Law office, PI, Equipment providers for the industry
- STEM: Engineering Co., Vet. Office, Computer Services co.
- SGSHS: Psychology office, Non-profit agencies, Social Media, Hospitals, Drug manufactures
Examples of organizations with free memberships:
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- American Finance Association (AFA)
- South Florida Interactive Marketing Association (South Florida IMA)
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)
- American Management Association (AMA)
- Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)
- North American Society for Sports Management (NASSM)
- Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP)
- Center for Association Leadership (ASAE)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- National Criminal Justice Association (NCJA)
- National Association for Business Economics (NABE)
- Association of American Educators (AAE)
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers and Scientists (AAEES)
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM)