In Module Three, you analyzed a given program and wrote a critique to compare the expected and actual outcomes, the effectiveness, and the improvement areas of the program.
In this assignment, you will critique a health or healthcare program from the literature. Before you begin working on this assignment, please visit the module Resources section and explore the provided program critique reading resource. Then, analyze the resource requirements of the given program and provide justification for the inclusion or exclusion of resources used in the program. Also, offer suggestions for improving the program’s resource use.
This assignment will help you analyze the flaws, shortfalls, or both in resource planning and understand how to avoid or address them. It will also help you consider the risks and benefits of a program and the positive and negative impacts a program may have on a person (patient or staff member), a group or department, and an organization.
Write a program critique analysis that critically examines a health or healthcare program intended to meet a specific health need.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Resource Requirement: Describe whether the resources required for the given program were justified. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- How does a program’s resource requirement planning influence the overall success of the program?
- How did you conclude whether the resource requirements for the given program were justified?
- Improvement Areas: Describe two areas of improvement the organization in the given scenario could consider regarding resource requirements. Consider the following question to guide your response:
- How will your suggestions help improve the program’s overall success?
- Risks and Benefits, Positive and Negative Impacts: Describe the positive and negative impacts of this program and the risks and benefits associated with this program. Consider the following questions to guide your response:
- What are two risks associated with implementing this program, and which activity could minimize the identified risks?
- What are two negative impacts this program might have, and which activities could help minimize them?
- Summary and Recommendations: Summarize your findings from the program analysis, and share your recommendations. Consider the following question to guide your response:
- What would you have done differently while planning the resource requirements for this program?
Note that all the claims in your deliverable should be evidence based. Your citations should be from your independent search for evidence (not from the scenario, textbook, or module resources) of credible sources and be current within the last five years. You are required to cite a minimum of two sources overall. Refer to the Shapiro Library Guide: Nursing—Graduate located in the Start Here section of the course for additional support. If you need writing support, access the Online Writing Center through the Academic Support module of your course.
Guidelines for Submission
Your submission should be a 2- to 3-page Word document. Also include a title page. Use 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
The following resources support your work on the assignment:
Document: Program Critique Guide
Review this document to help you understand the difference between criticism and critiquing. This review will help you complete your program critique assignment.
Template: Program Critique Template
Review this document to help you complete your program critique assignment. You are not required to submit this template for grading, but it is highly recommended that you use this document to organize your thoughts and claims for your program critique assignment.