In preparation for this assignment, view the following library guide & video below:
After viewing the video, create a brochure educating fellow students on the issue of plagiarism. Your brochure will need to address the following questions:
- When should one be citing information? What does it mean to be “common knowledge?”
- How has the Internet made plagiarism issues worse? Why?
- What are some ways in which one can avoid plagiarism?
- What should be the appropriate punishment for a student who is caught plagiarizing? Should it matter whether or not the student intended to plagiarize?
- Why is it important to understand the ramifications of plagiarism at the academic level? How will this better prepare a student for the workforce?
The brochure that you are creating is to be a tri-fold design, double-sided. Draw attention to your brochure by using well-placed art, an easy to read design with your content, and use of color.