Let’s Learn about Graphic Organizers
This assignment will help you learn more about graphic organizers (GOs). Using the required review resources below, you are to write the prompts and then respond to them in complete sentences in a Word document.
- Describe a graphic organizer in your own words and the rationale or purpose(s) for its use
- List and describe at least three benefits of using graphic organizers.
- List and briefly three different types of graphic organizers from the resources below and briefly describe a specific concept you could teach using that style of the graphic organizer. For example, I might use a Venn Diagram to compare and contrast two different characters in a story.
- Review the four graphic organizers created on the Popplet program by students in another class. Then briefly describe at least three features of the GO’s designs that help make them more helpful for students to learn the concepts and why they help.
Required for Review: Graphic Organizers Resources: Definitions and Types
Want to Learn More? Additional Resources (Optional Review for Assignment)
- Graphic Organizers for Science
- Teaching Reading using Graphic Organizers
The Perfect Mind map: 6 Step Checklist