- Please share how physical assessment is performed in your practice area. How do you determine what type of physical assessment is appropriate in caring for your patients? Do you perform complete head to toe assessments, or are they typically more focused exams? (If you do not currently work in a patient care setting, you may reflect on observations from a clinical experience or prior work setting.)
- Based on your observations, do you feel that patient assessments performed in practice are as thorough as they should be? Explain your answer.
- Reflect on the assessment you performed for the video assignment. Perhaps you might compare your performance now, to how it might have been different when you were a brand new nurse? Or share something you learned (or were reminded of) by participating in this activity?
Wilson is a 36-year-old migrant worker. He was admitted to the Hospital with a cough, unintended weight loss, and night sweats. He is staying with 6 friends in a one bedroom apartment near the strawberry field where he works. The ED physician suspects Tuberculosis (TB).
- 1. What diagnostic testing will the Provider order to confirm a diagnosis of TB?
- 2. What Isolation precautions do you expect to be put in place and why?
- 3. Describe the recommended treatment regimen for TB, including the rationale for combination drug therapy.
- 4. Identify the reason compliance to medication therapy is often a concern in the patient with TB.
- 5. What should be done for Wilson’s 6 roommates?