2,000 WORDS (2,000 word paper in which you diagnose a process/structure/environment in an organization (CISCO)
PLEASE ORGANIZE FINAL PAPER
I HAVE ATTACHED ALL REFERENCES, PRIOR WORK TO INCORPOATE IN THE FINAL PAPER!
Using APA formatting requirements (12 point Times New Roman font, double-spacing, 1″ margins, title and reference pages), write a 2,000 word paper in which you diagnose a process/structure/environment in an organization that you’re familiar with (and that you chose in week 1 and have been researching during the term) and that needs improvement and design an organizational development (OD) intervention to achieve positive change. In addition to your standard APA formatting requirements, your paper should include an Executive Summary which succinctly describes your recommended change(s), highlights of what will be required during the change process, and a projected timeline for implementation.
Now that’s a lot to digest! Seriously though, as former US Army Chief of Staff General Creighton Abrams, Jr. once said, “When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time.” In other words, don’t get caught up in the depth of what’s required in the final paper but rather focus on one step at a time. To begin with, you’ll need to brainstorm and identify various organizations that you belong to. Then, for each of those organizations, list what could use some improving. Once you have a list, you’ll need to decide which organization that you would like to focus on and why. The more passionate you are about the change, the easier the research and paper composition will become.
For those of you looking for a roadmap of the paper, noted below is a proposed structure. You are not limited by this structure and I encourage to dig deeper, however, following this structure, meeting the APA formatting requirements, and adhering to the length requirement maximizes your chance at success. Here it goes:
· Title page
· Table of contents
· Executive Summary – succinctly describes your recommended change(s), highlights of what will be required during the change process, and a projected timeline for implementation
· Background – why you have chosen the organization, the organization’s significance in your life, a brief history on the organization to include key factors that are relevant in future sections of the paper
· Current Situation – why is the change needed
· Supporting Data/Analysis – how do you know the change is needed, provide supporting data, objective data is best but may be augmented with subjective data if obtained from credible sources
· Recommended Intervention – detail your proposed organizational development intervention, the change process that will be required, and a proposed timeline for implementation
· Applicable Organizational Behavior Concepts – a deep discussion of concepts from the text that apply to the proposed intervention, we’re looking for the “crossroads” of theory and application, use the text and other sources to explain why your proposed intervention will work, what are the strategic implications of implementing it
· References Page