Picture below attached
By analyzing shaming and other innovative punishment schemes with regard to dignity, mental anguish, and arbitrariness; some question if these types of sanctions violate an individual’s Eighth Amendment right, banning cruel and unusual punishment.
View the below video.
answer the following questions:
- Do you think a judge should be allowed the discretion to sanction a convicted drunk driver to display a sign on his or her car indicating they are a “convicted drunk driver”?
- Do you think a judge should be allowed the discretion to sanction a sex offender to display a sign in the front yard to his or her residence indicating they are a “convicted child molester”?
- Do you believe shaming could reduce crime? Why or why not?
- Write a short essay or paragraph of at least 500 words. [POST YOUR WORD COUNT AT THE END OF YOUR MAIN POST.]
- Use concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- Address all questions.
- Use proper grammar and punctuation.
- If you researched your topic and are using information from what you learned, remember to cite your sources.
- Do not plagiarize.