Reflect on an incident that has, in some manner, changed the way you see or feel.
Write a poem of 100 to 175 words that reflects how the incident you chose changed or affected you.
Write a shorter poem of 45 words or less that captures the essence of the same incident.
- Submit both selections in one Microsoft® Word document.
- Grammar and punctuation variations are acceptable if they serve the needs of the piece.
- Be sure to double space each of the poems.
Imagine for this assignment that you are a literary critic and will be published in a leading literary magazine.
Choose one of the poems from this week’s readings.
Write a 350- to 700-word essay that reflects on what you liked about the poem or what drew you to it.
Consider the following areas in your response:
- Identify common elements, structures, forms, and terminology of the poem.
- Describe the use of imagery, symbolism, and figurative language that the writer used.
- Consider also the central idea and the emotional impact.