reflect on your own social styles. Follow the steps below.
- Take the “Identifying Social Style” (Amiable, score of 32 in assertiveness and 46 in responsiveness)
- Summarize your results from your personal inventory.
- Share your results with a family member or friend. Compare and contrast their perceptions with your own as you explain what this activity revealed to you about yourself.
- Assess your results with the Style Flexing Guidelines for Enhancing Communication Effectiveness. Using your results, evaluate what steps you would need to take in each area to increase your communication effectiveness.
- Describe how your social style affects your ability as a leader to adapt to cultural differences.
- What generational and gender areas do you feel you need to address to improve your communication skills?
- Summarize your overall findings and the top three areas you will choose to focus on over the course of the next year to have more effective communication and be better able to adapt to differences. 4 pages