Take this opportunity to reflect upon the knowledge you’ve gained throughout this course. Share with your classmates:
- What is something new you learned in this course?
- What is something you have realized that you hadn’t before?
- How will you/would you bring this new knowledge into your teaching? Be specific; give examples.
- What questions do you still have about children’s behavior? What additional research on behavior do you need to do?
- How will you find the answers or do the research?
Things I learned about in the course BELOW
- Differences between guidance, discipline, punishment, and consequences
- Levels of Mistaken Behavior
- Rewards vs. Punishment
- Encouragement vs. Praise
- Behavior Guidance
- Behaviorist and Constructivist Theories
- The use of Timeouts
- Treating Children with Respect
- Building Positive Relationships