NR360 INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN HEALTHCARE
Required Uniform Assignment: We Can, but Dare We?
The purpose of this assignment is to investigate smartphone and social media use in healthcare and to apply professional, ethical, and legal principles to their appropriate use in healthcare technology.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
- CO #4: Investigate safeguards and decision‐making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers. (PO 4)
- CO #6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, andclient’s right to privacy. (PO 6)
- CO #8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in the delivery of nursing care (PO 8)
See Course Schedule in Syllabus. The college’s Late Assignment Policy applies to this activity.
TOTAL POINTS POSSIBLE
This assignment is worth a total of 240 points.
- Research, compose, and type a scholarly paper based on the scenario described below, and choose a conclusion scenario to discuss within the body of your paper. Reflect on lessons learned in this class about technology, privacy concerns, and legal and ethical issues and addressed each of these concepts in the paper, reflecting on the use of smartphones and social media in healthcare. Consider the consequences of such a scenario. Do not limit your review of the literature to the nursing discipline only because other health professionals are using the technology, and you may need to apply critical thinking skills to its applications in this scenario.
- Use Microsoft Word and APA formatting. Consult your copy of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, sixth edition, as well as the resources in Doc Sharing if you have questions (e.g., margin size, font type and size (point), use of third person, etc.). Take