Throughout this course, you’ve had the opportunity to learn about many concepts regarding guiding children’s behavior. Some of them include:
- Differences between guidance, discipline, punishment, and consequences
- Levels of Mistaken Behavior
- Rewards vs. Punishment
- Encouragement vs. Praise
- Behavior Guidance
- Behaviorist and Constructivist Theories
- The use of Timeouts
- Treating Children with Respect
- Building Positive Relationships
In a 2 – 3 page paper, written in APA format using proper grammar and spelling, address the following:
- Choose two (2) concepts from the course that you feel are the most important for an early childhood professional to understand and explain why. You may select from the list above or offer concepts not presented in the list.
- Explain how you can incorporate your two (2) chosen concepts into your work as an Early Childhood Professional. For each concept, describe a lesson or activity you could use with the children in your care. You can even create a game if you’d like. Be creative!
- Go back through this course and analyze the resources (videos, readings, and lectures). Choose two (2) which resonated with you the most and that you will share with colleagues and/or parents. For each resource chosen, explain why it resonated with you and how you will use it with your colleagues and/or parents of children in your care.