Unit 1: Discussion
‘Strategy’ Not just for the military anymore!
Unit Learning Outcomes
- Identify the overall business strategy of an organization. (9)
- Develop a recruitment and staffing strategy to match the business strategy. (9)
- Identify and select specific staffing decisions relative to the strategy. (9)
Answer BOTH of the discussion questions, and respond to at least 2 peers.
- Organizations often prefer to replace rather than retain talent. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? How does strategy play a role in this decision?
- Given the importance of strategic staffing, why do you think HR practitioners do not align the staffing decisions with the overall business strategy?