Until now, the primary focus of each week has been on individual coaching, but there are many times when a group or team coaching is needed. For this week’s assignment, consider the following scenario.
Scenario: There has been a shift in your organization towards a coaching culture and the CEO has come to you as vice president of human resources asking that you produce a podcast on team coaching for the company’s upcoming weekly meeting of department leads. He is hoping your podcast will help some of the less experienced leaders gain insight and knowledge on coaching teams. To prepare for your podcast, you will need to read up on coaching groups and teams in this week’s resources.
Tips for podcasting:
- A podcast is a digital media file, but for purposes of this assignment, you will create an audio file.
- Create a script for your podcast to help you meet the time requirement and to ensure you cover all the requirements of the assignment.
- Your podcast should begin with an introduction that includes pertinent information with a clear purpose to pique the interest of the audience.
- Present detailed information that demonstrates your knowledge on the subject of team coaching.
- If applicable, discuss your experience on the subject matter as well as information from the body of research.
- Conclude with a strong ending that summarizes the key points in the podcast. Be sure and drive home the takeaways!
- Clarity of introduction and purpose
- Relevancy of content
- Accuracy of information
- Conclusion with a summary of key points
- Sound quality – volume and clarity of voice
- Preparation and natural delivery – script not simply read
- Creativity to engage the audience
Length: 10-15 minutes. Submit your podcast transcript with a reference page, and link to your podcast.