Writing a position paper on (‘Ethics and Knowledge, ‘Ethics and Society,’ and ‘Ethics and the Individual’)
would like you to write a short essay of 1000 to 1200 words (in Times New Roman -12 point font, 1.5 spacing, with a Title at the beginning, and a Works Cited page at the end).
For your paper, you are required to take a position on one (or two) of the philosophers that we have examined in the course.
What this means is that you can write your paper on one of the following philosophers:
1. Plato (The Allegory of the Cave)
2. Epicurus (Letter to Menoeceus)
3. Mill (Utilitarianism)
4. Freire (Pedagogy of the Oppressed)
5. Nietzsche (The Madman and The Heaviest Weight)
6. Sartre (Existentialism is a Humanism)
Or, you can compare two of the above philosophers’ ethical theories:
1. Plato and Epicurus
2. Mill and Freire
3. Nietzsche and Sartre